Thursday, October 9, 2008

Prayer

A very simple, very profound entry today.

Last night at church, Shiloh felt warm...as a precaution we did not allow her to get near Deacon's face or hands until we could assess better what was going on. The whole ride home, she was quite pleasant and mellow, and she even asked very politely, "Daddy, you're going to take care of me?" She knew she was not well, and this was one of the first times I'd heard such a simple and basic an expression of faith. When we got home and took her temperature, it was a blazing 102. Yikes.

After a brief stint in the bath, dosage of medicine, pajamas, and then in bed, it was time for prayers before lights out. I didn't think she would want to pray, but she did. This is what she said:

"Dear God, thank you for this day. Please help me feel better, so I can touch Deacon again."

Tears formed...and I'm still reflecting on the purest of prayers from such a pure heart. I'm not going to expound on all the implications for our lives from her prayer...I think you can form your own. If you'd like to share that with our family, we'd be honored. Have a great week.

1 comment:

JSue said...

You and Carly are doing such a great job as parents! I love to watch you with Shiloh. (Or with any of the Sonkids for that matter)

My heart leaps everytime my girls say, "Mommy, I don't feel good (or my tummy hurts or I hurt my toe, etc, etc...) will you pray and ask God to make me feel better?"

Sounds like they are all learning that God is good --- ALL THE TIME!