Saturday, June 14, 2008

Same 'ole song & dance...

Good grief! If this little fella doesn't come before Wednesday, his projected due-date, we're gonna run out of clues and you all are gonna guess his name. Just an update, Carly has secured an inducement appointment for Thursday, the 19th, if he's not here by then.

The guesses have been pouring in, mostly on the text message format. Let me encourage you to embrace all forms of media to submit your nominees--Facebook & e-mail work just as good! In the meantime, I've been watching a lot of movies lately, just trying to current and down with the times, ya know. I rather enjoy my experiences in the Santikos Silverado Theatre (unlimited ICEE refills!), as well as the late-night laptop in my lap as I snuggle next to my precious preg-o wife in bed moments as well. So, I thought I'd share my favorite 12 movies that I've seen recently (like the last 2-3 months), and remember, this includes theater and video:

12. The Happening
11. Dark City
10. Leatherheads
9. The Invasion
8. No Country for Old Men
7. Kung Fu Panda
6. Speed Racer
5. Sweeney Todd
4. Cloverfield
3. Iron Man
2. Indiana Jones 4 (you know the title)
1. Michael Clayton

Next up for my viewing pleasure: The Incredible Hulk (tonight!), There will be blood, Be Kind Rewind, The Other Boleyn Girl, and In Bruges. (Stay tuned, as this list might get altered.)

Of course, you don't have to like this list or several movies on this list...certainly many of the "experts" and critics didn't. But, it's what I've been up to in during the waiting game for junior to get here. All I can say is don't watch Semi-Pro...at all...EVER...I'm not kidding. I cannot believe Will Ferrell attached his name to it. Happy hunting, my friends!

June 3rd Clue #1
Our son’s name was used in 3 actions movies in the ‘90s. One was comedic, one was an action flick, and one was more on the sci-fi side of the things. I wish he'd been a good guy.

June 7th Clue #2
A sports player known for his defense.

June 11th Clue #3
Beatty & Rock.

June 14th Clue #4
William Forsythe, Jack Black, Donal Logue.

June 18th Clue #5 (this is his projected due date!)
~~Final, ultimate clues revealed~~

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ok, I am not by any means a movie buff, so these clues are a little way out there for me. But I will submit two names. "Ian" and "Brock". Ok, I'm not sure what the "Beatty & Rock" clue is supposed to be. But that is where I came up with Brock. "Ian" came mostly from Jack Black in The Jackal. Ok, that is what we have so far, but this is the first time I've seen the clues... I sure hope he comes soon!